Monday, August 15, 2011

Meeting Students in Lima





I attended a college fair in Lima, Peru on Saturday, 8/13. Over 600 people attended the 2 hour event. They all came seeking information on MBA programs. The attendees were impressed with the MBA program at UD and were surprised that such a dynamic program was so inexpensive, truly a great value.

Dr. Fernando Arellano attended the fair with me. A LimeƱo and himself a former international student, Dr. Arellano was able to give the prospective MBA scholars a detailed description of what it would be like traveling to Dallas to study at the University of Dallas (see photo). He is just one example of how UD professors reach out to their students.

I was impressed with Lima. The Peruvian people are very welcoming of strangers, going out of their way in making you feel at home. For those of you who don’t know, Peruvian cuisine has the reputation of being the best in South America, a reputation that is well deserved!

Once the capital of the Spanish colonial empire, Lima is a cosmopolitan city and bustling with energy. It has a mild climate, with the Pacific Ocean at it's forefront and the mighty Andes Mountains at its back. I uploaded a picture from the airplane of the steep "andino" peaks. I can see why Hollywood set an Indiana Jones movie in these mountains!

I’ll return to Dallas tomorrow. I hope to continue to have contact with the many prospective MBA students that I had the pleasure of meeting in Lima. Hopefully, I’ll be able to visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment